Friday, August 6, 2010

Night Seven: In Which Spiders Are Drugs

1) I am at a friend's house. I notice he has a dog I've never seen before. She is a puppy, a Pitt Bull-Terrier mix. The family informs me that she is poorly behaved and far too wild to handle. I try my hand at calming her down and succeed. Everyone agrees that the world would be a better place if I adopted her, so I do.

2) A man and his girlfriend are sitting outside under a shady tree. She is complaining that she'd like to lose weight somehow. The man kills a spider that happens to be passing by and somehow introduces a chemical from its body into his girlfriend's bloodstream. It has the immediate effect of an amphetamine and she becomes almost instantly addicted. He finds a way to synthesize or extract this chemical and manufacture it en masse in pill form. He touts this new drug as a miracle weight loss supplement, and begins marketing it and airing infomercials within weeks. He neglects to inform the public that it is highly addictive and highly destructive, so is shut down by the FDA.

-End Scene-

No comments:

Post a Comment