Monday, August 9, 2010

Night Twenty: In Which I Encounter Evil Spirits and Use An iPad

(Note: I am experiencing this dream in the first person, and yet it is also not about me.)

1) My husband has been experimenting with invoking and creating various spirits and energies. He has been successful with those of animals and such, but has mistakenly created a beast-like spirit that he can't contain. He finally decides to scrap the project once and for all, doing away with this awful spirit. He asks me, for my own safety, to leave. We exchange a tearful goodbye and I go off and play with an iPad (since I obviously have nothing more important to do or worry about).

Next, I am in a room with a bunch of other people. The spirit has overtaken my husband and has also somehow affected loved ones of the people I'm with. One woman's husband is outside of the building and wishes to speak with her. She goes outside, despite our advice not to, and comes back acting dazed, robotic, and untrustworthy. It is obvious that she is somehow possessed. We realize we are in danger and flee from her, running through the night. At this time, fireworks begin to explode in the sky above us. I think to myself how it is strange to think of someone celebrating, lighting fireworks, while we are fighting for our lives. Finally, (and I am unclear as to how this happened), we are free from danger and decide to form a support group to help us deal with the trauma we've been through. The dream ends with all of us sitting on a blanket outside and watching the fireworks, although there is an air of sinisterity about the whole thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment