Friday, August 6, 2010

Night Ten: In Which Sarah Jessica Parker Saves My Ass

1) I am driving down the main street of my hometown. Except that instead of viewing the road ahead of me, I'm required to look instead at giant TV screens that are hanging from the traffic lights. I can't actually see on the screen how much room I have in front of me, and I rear end the SUV I'm following. We pull over and examine the damage. Both my headlights are smashed and both front tires are flat on my car; the SUV is virtually undamaged. The woman who was driving the SUV is friendly and understanding, but still suggests that we call the police. I am in no position to argue, as I caused the accident (or really, this strange method of navigation did, but apparently no one else has trouble with it), but really wish she wouldn't. A third vehicle pulls over on the side of the road, and Sarah Jessica Parker gets out. She points out that the other driver is a famous science fiction writer, and suddenly I realize why her face looked so familiar to me. SJP and I spend a few minutes trying to place what she's written while the writer coyly waits, smiling modestly, in a disingenuous sort of way.

2)
Sarah Jessica Parker is riding in her limousine, wearing huge sunglasses, and smoking a cigarette out the car window. Her chauffer asks her whether she shouldn't quit, for her health and all, but SJP is nonplussed.

No comments:

Post a Comment