Monday, July 26, 2010

Night Three: Bullshine and Sunshit

1) I am, again, at my place of employment. I am (again!) serving strange iced beverages to customers: Iced tea with rainbow-striped ice cubes and black olives. This is apparently a smash hit, as more and more people keep ordering it. The deli is bustling with business and everyone is raving about our ice cubes - they come in various colors and shapes, including dinosaur-shaped ice and people-shaped ice. Someone comes in and I suspect she has been sent to spy/check in on me. She is, however, friendly and casual in speaking with me. She leaves her journal sitting on the counter (a journal, incidentally, which is identical in every way to the journal I have been recording dreams and thoughts in, of late). I decide to go through it. Upon opening it, at first glance, I notice my name scattered generously amongst the writing inside. Before I can read it, she comes back and I quickly attempt to close it. I fail to secure the elastic around the journal in time. As I hand it back to her, she inspects it and I realize that the pages are out of place. She doesn't mention anything, but I suspect that she has noticed.

2) I am having some sort of (consensual) physical relation with someone who even dream-me realizes I really do not want to be having physical relation with. I regret it immediately, and I feel angsty and awkward for the remainder of this portion of the dream.

3) I am humming a tune, and attempt to remember the lyrics. I remember that the lyrics are "bullshine and sunshit". I attempt to remember the artist, and soon remember that it is a Sheryl Crow song.

No comments:

Post a Comment